Monday, May 11, 2009

I'm a Terrible Blogger

Okay, so I'm a delinquent blogger, terrible person, etc etc. I get it. A week ago Friday (May 1) was my birthday...I call it the 1st anniversary of my 29th birthday. :) Chris told me I could do anything I wanted to do. So what did I do, you ask? Well, what else? I signed up and attended a conference on animal rescue. Chris took the day off to watch the boys for me. While I was at the conference, he sent me a text that I had received flowers.






Aren't they beautiful? I love tulips. Chris' dad and step mom sent them. Thanks, guys!

Then that night, we went to Shogun with most of my friends. Shogun is my fav, and we go there for my birthday every year. Of course it rained massive amounts that day, and we were under a tornado watch that evening (which seems to always be the case on my birthday). As of May 5th, we had received more rain than we did the entire MONTH of May last year!

Our neighbors across the street just installed a French drain, just in time! Here is their drain shooting water into the road...



A few hours before it was shooting halfway across the street!! And here is all the flooding in our yard... The morning that it was the worst, I had to drag the dogs out from under our bed and pretty much just throw them outside. I can't blame them...they were probably pretty close to drowning in our yard!






Here's a few cute pics of the boys...They are both growing so fast.


Above, Dalton had me make a giant circle out of all his cars and then sat in J's Bumbo chair in the middle, like a king. :) Then he made me make a square, a triangle, a diamond, and so forth until I couldn't take it anymore.

Grandma and Grandpa Bane will be here for a visit in June, and I'm sure they won't even recognize these HUGE children we have! You guys are in for a surprise!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I SUCK!!!! I completely forgot your birthday! I am soooo sorry!!! Anyway, sorry for the flood, but I hope you had the best 2nd 29th birthday ever!

    ReplyDelete