Monday, May 18, 2009

Six Years Ago Today...

...I married my best friend.

At 2:00pm on Sunday, May 18, 2003, I married the most wonderful man.

He loves me and he takes care of me and he provides for our two beautiful children. He puts up with my many rants and raves, and for the most part agrees with me. He puts up with all the animals, the fosters, the damage done by some of those fosters...and now that I am president of my rescue group, I'm sure he'll put up with a lot more.


Not only does he take care of us, his family, but he takes care of us. He does your typical manly things like mow the lawn, weed eat, hedge trimming, and repairs on the cars or appliances or whatever needs it...but he helps me clean, he cooks dinner just as much as I do, he does his own laundry (can't blame him there, I suck at doing laundry!!).

He helps bathe the boys, he helps get them into bed. He rubs my neck and head when I am suffering with a massive headache. He painted my toes and shaved my legs when I was massively pregnant. :) I trust him with my life and the lives of our children, and other than that, what really matters?

I knew I wanted to marry him within the first month that we were dating. I'm sure it was much later for him, (ha!), but obviously I impressed him enough for him to want to keep me, and all my shoes, and all my pets!!


Chris, I love you more each and every day. You are my life, and I cannot immagine my life without you there. I know that there will be at least 70 more years of love and affection and wedded bliss to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment