Friday, May 22, 2009

Facial "Hair" Friday

Okay, so this always happens. I go a week without posting because I'm so stinkin' busy, and then I have so many photos that I want to share, that the post becomes HUGE and has a billion pictures. Well, I'm sure you'll put up with it, because who doesn't want to see my adorable kids?
So we'll start with Facial "Hair" Friday... hee hee.
Here we have a green bean goatee.

And now, we have a sweet pea mustache.

Dalton finally got some flip flops!! You'll recall that he is so obsessed with flip flops that he will wear Daddy's or mine, and then inevitably fall down and hurt himself. We've been searching since a year ago for flip flops to fit his horribly fat foot, with no luck. Well, I finally found some...at Dillard's. And I really had to shell out the dough for them. They are Croc brand, and you may not think that $25.00 is a lot, but #1) that IS a lot, for a pair of flip flops, and #2) that IS a lot for someone who will grow out of his shoes before the end of the summer!! But he's been wanting them for sooooooo long...

We finally broke ground on the new building!! No, we're not building a new house. I only wish. We're building a storage shed in the back yard. The place where it's going had this huge mound of dirt on it from when we dug trenches to bury railroad ties so that Toby would stop digging out, so Dalton and I spent one afternoon digging it all up so that the ground will be level to put the shed on.
Dalton looks kind of goofy in this picture because the sun was in his eyes. He's so cute!



I can hardly wait to get all the junk out of the garage and into the shed. The lawn mower, weed eater, the power washer, the skil saw, all the power tools, Dalton's four wheeler, his bike, all the dumb shovels and rakes and clippers. It will be so nice to park in the garage again!!

I think I'm going to stop calling Jackson "Monkey" (okay, let's face it, I won't stop b/c it's cute), and instead call him Roly Poly. Partly because of the thunder thighs, but also because that is his mode of transportation! He rolls from one side of the living room to the other, he's such a champ at it now. And if we start him out on a blanket (to avoid a mouth full of cat/dog hair) then he just grabs the blanket, rolls, and gets all tangled up. It's so cute!



Last weekend, I pet sat for a new volunteer in my group...she has two Weimaraners and a cat. When we got there the first night to sit for her, she had left some Dr. Seuss books for the boys!! It was a nice surprise, because she had already paid me for the trip, and then here's the books, which Dalton LOVES.

One last set of cute pics, then I'm done and off to bed...Dalton has a friend that comes over on Thursdays (and this summer we'll have him three days a week). Michael is a full year younger than Dalton, but for the most part, they play really well together. This week the obsession has been soccer and "snow" angels. :)

Alright, kids, that enough. I'm off to bed to rest my weary head...Hey! I'm Dr. Seuss!!

No comments:

Post a Comment