Saturday, May 23, 2009

Not Unless My Mom Does It...

Sorry, one more funny story, but no pics.

Usually I cut D's hair myself, by hand with scissors. Last time I cut it, I used electric clippers b/c we had just bought a new pair and I wanted to see how they did. Well, not great. His hair is just so fine that the clippers didn't get it all, and it was WAY TOO short...the longest attachment setting said 1 1/2 inches, but it turned out to be like, 1/8 of an inch.

So last weekend, I decided to take him to get his hair cut at a real salon, to get it all straightened out and fixed before I screw it all up again. We went to Regis, and he's sitting in the chair, and there's this mom next to me with her baby, who'd I'd guess to be about eighteen months old. She says that today is his first hair cut, and would we mind if they watched so that he could see there was nothing to be scared of? I said I didn't mind, as Dalton is really good for hair cuts, so he would set a good example for the kid.

So they cut D's hair, and the little boy's mom is going on about how fun it is, so on and so forth. So we get done, and we're at the desk paying, and the little boy is behind us and he starts crying, and saying "NO NO NO" really loud. Dalton walks over to him and puts his arm around him and tells him, "Don't worry. It's not scary. There's nothing to cry over. It's fine, and you get a sucker when you're done. It won't hurt. Unless my mom cuts your hair, and then she'll cut your ear." And he walks away as the kids cries harder.

Are you freakin' kidding me?!? The little snot just ratted me out! ONE TIME, two years ago, I barely clipped his ear with the scissors, and it didn't even bleed. One time. One stinkin' time!! And the best part is that he says this all nonchalantly and just strolls away licking his sucker, while the kids goes into even bigger hysterics!!

Sometimes, this child cracks me up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment