Sunday, May 24, 2009

It's Almost His Birthday!

Tomorrow, Chris will be 30. We're so old! (kidding!!). I was successful in planning a small surprise birthday bar-b-que for him. When the first guests arrived, he didn't LOOK very surprised, but when I asked him about it later he said that he was surprised, he had no idea, he was just really tired (he and my sister worked all day long putting together a storage shed in our back yard).
Now, I get so busy with enjoying the party and the company that I forget to take pictures, but I got a few last night. Here we are singing happy birthday, and Chris (and Dalton and Quin!) blowing out the candles.

I just realized in the picture above it looks like Dalton has a bottle and a glass of wine! Man, he's going to need to get into AA. He's starting so young...


For his present, we got him a new grill that he had his eyes on...("we" as in myself, his dad and Jil, and his mom and George). Chris was actually mad when he saw it! I kept it at the neighbors' house for a few days to keep it a surprise, then when he was in the shower about an hour before the party, my sister and I moved it over to our yard. Chris kept asking me if he could fire up the grill (I had told him that Heather and Jeramy were coming for dinner so that he wouldn't make plans!)...I told him that he knew they were always late, so just wait.
Once everyone got here, I told him to fire it up. Then he goes out, and he got mad!! He says that he feels bad because he didn't get me a present for my birthday (we had agreed not to get presents), but our grill recently caught on fire/blew up, and we do a lot of grilling, so it really just made sense to get it. So of course this first picture below is right after he saw it, and he looks kind of sad and dissappointed, don't you think?


But all in all, he had a good party. While we were all on the back porch talking, Chris actually fell asleep in his chair!! The poor guy worked so hard all day building the shed. So I sent him to bed around 10:15 or so, and we all kept up the party!!
Chris, you old man, the boys and I love you so much! I hope your thirtieth birthday was something that you'll always remember!


No comments:

Post a Comment