Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Fundraiser Update

So, I did it...I did a live segment on the local news. If you haven't seen the interview, you can see it here.

It was kind of a pain...I had mapquested how to get there, but the road that leads to the news station was closed for construction, so I had to find a different way in. And then when I got there, I called up and they sent someone down to get me, but they went to a different door than where I was waiting, so I ended up waiting outside, at 4:30 in the morning, in 32 degree weather! The wind was blowing, so the wind chill was more like 25 degrees and I was freezing by the time I got in the studio.

Plus there was no prep time...they put me in the control room, then the producer was like "Okay, you're on!" and took me to the news room. It was basically "Sit here, put the mike on, don't look at the camera, and you're on in 5, 4, 3..." and that was it!! So I don't think I did a great job, but feel free to take a look anyway!!

We did get a great turnout the day of the event...the restaurant made about $4,000 and the manager said that was an increase of about 35% income from a regular Tuesday. So we are expected to receive about $600 from the restaurant, and we received about $300 in cash donations from patrons, so almost $1,000 after all was said and done. Not too bad! A good day for the pups and kitties!!

1 comment:

  1. You were beautiful as always.

    Grandma Jil

    ReplyDelete