Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Camping

This past weekend we went camping in Branson with another couple and their daughter. The normally two hour drive took over three, what with having to stop for kids' potty breaks, and pulling a trailer and all that. It was a loooonnnng drive, and just further convinced that I will NOT be driving with the kids to see you in Houston, Marcie!! SORRY!
For the most part, camping with both the kids was better and easier than I thought it would be. We've never even taken Dalton camping, let alone both of them.


We drove up there on Friday afternoon and set up camp and just kind of hung out. On Saturday morning, we went to Silver Dollar City. Dalton had a blast with his buddy Quin. And seriously, how freaking cute are they?!?





Saturday, after we came back to the campsite and the kids had been running all day at the park, with no naps, they were pretty bickery and cranky. At home, we just usually tell Dalton if he's going to whine and cry, then he needs to go to his room, which he does. But when you're camping and your room is a tent? Well, you can still hear his whining and crying full volume!!
Here is Quin and her mom, Tracy, making breakfast for us all.

We have figured out that when we take Jackson away from the norm he doesn't really eat. He isn't cranky at all, he just WON'T eat!! We tried to feed him once on the way to Branson, and he wasn't having any of that. And while we were at Silver Dollar City, I really had to fight to get him to eat the 4oz he took while there (4 oz in 8 hours, I think??) Here are pics of J just being happy at the campsite....I cannot figure out why they won't load correctly to the page, the blog site just keeps rotating them, so you'll just have to live with this.

And yes, this is a giant square of fake grass that he's on!! Belongs to Tracy and Jeff...I made fun of them for quite a while, but I must say that it came in handy for diaper changes!!
All in all, it was a good fun trip...I forgot how fun it is to go camping. Except for having to walk what seems like a mile to the bathroom every time Dalton said "I need to go potty!". But other than that, we had fun!

1 comment:

  1. That looks like fun, though I'm more of a "camp out in a hotel" kind of girl. LOL I love the idea of camping, but seems like every time I've done it, weird/bad things happen. ;)

    ReplyDelete