Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Birthdays, and Horses, and Puppies, oh my!!

Has it really been two weeks since I've posted? Sorry about that. In my defense, things have been crazy hectic lately! Dalton celebrated his FOURTH birthday. Wow. I have a four year old! The weekend before his actual birthday, he had a bowling birthday party (or as he says, "A bowling BALL party!"). He had a blast. And every time you said Happy Birthday, he would say "TO ME!".

He spent the majority of his time on the floor watching the ball roll down the lane (which took forever) or just laying on his back making "snow" angels. He did have a lot of fun opening his presents though, and got a lot of really neat stuff.






On his actual birthday, he got to go with his buddy Quin to a horse ranch and go horse back riding! He loved that. And he and Quin even spent some time jumping the low horse jumps (it's basically PVC pipe on the ground, and gets the horse used to walking over something before trying to jump over something). But D and Quin did a great job jumping them!!
They had a blast riding the big horses, but also got to spend some time playing with the miniature horses.


Jackson got to go too, although he didn't get to ride. :)

The day after D's birthday, he was sick for about five hours with a horrible stomach flu. It wasn't much fun (or very easy) with Daddy at work, and trying to be with Dalton to comfort him, but also take care of Jackson at the same time. Luckily, no one else got sick.

Then Monday of this week, I was out for part of the afternoon and the evening preparing for a "medical procedure"...I know, vague, but if you know me, then you know what I had done. If you don't know me well enough, then you DON'T WANT TO KNOW what I had done. :) Tuesday morning I went to an out patient clinic and had my "procedure" (my mom was my driver and the boys were with the sitter, as Chris was at work). Slept ALL afternoon as I was still pretty groggy from the anesthetic.

AND, we have two new puppies!! A local shelter called us when they had ten puppies dumped on them without the mom. The babies are only two weeks old, so they needed people to foster them and bottle feed them until weaning time. So I took two, and another girl in our group took three. It's very demanding feeding them every three hours, but I'm already an insomniac and can't sleep, so might as well be cuddling and feeding some puppies!! They're super cute, and I'll try to get some pictures of them on here soon.

I suppose that's enough for one posting. Thanks for not falling asleep!! Got to go, it's puppy feeding time!

No comments:

Post a Comment