Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A Little Break

Well, I took a little break from blogging for a while, well, because I'm just boring. I mean, seriously, no one is more boring than us lately. We sleep. Eat. Feed the animals. Get groceries. Started preparing tax stuff. Starting preparing tax stuff for my rescue. Change diapers. Run a few errands here and there. Wah wah wah wah, wah wah wah. (In case you don't get it, that's my impression of Charlie Brown's teacher.) It's just so boring. I mean, if I am so bored writing it, who wants to read about it? Seriously. I bet you've already fallen asleep. WAKE UP!!!

Dalton did start back with swim classes last week, which is nice, because he's been so bored. Bored to point of acting up and getting into trouble ALL the time, for things that he knows better than doing.

The weather has at least improved. It's been near 60 the last few days, and we've gone on quite a few walks. Monday, we went around the block three times. The first time Dalton rode his bike, and Jackson rode in the stroller. Then again with J in the stroller and D riding his motorcycle. Then the third time both boys rode in the wagon. We repeated that cycle again yesterday. Today we had errands to run, and tonight it started raining and is supposed to rain tomorrow too, so I'm sure we'll be stuck inside for a while. With all the snow gone now, the yard is just a giant muddy pit, so we haven't played out there for a while.

Plus I've been so tired lately, still having trouble sleeping. And I haven't been feeling well the last few weeks, between headaches and stomach pains. And when I get in a funk, the kids get in a funk, and we don't even take any fun pictures! I'll try to be in a better mood tomorrow and get some pictures to post.

We are considering having the windows replaced...they are old. As old as the house, so almost 30 years? They get condensation on the inside, which either freezes (yes, ice on the INSIDE) or just runs down onto the sill, and some of the window sills have started to buckle. And you can stand two feet away from the window and still feel the cold. So I had a guy come give us a quote...told him I wanted double pane vinyl windows...he measured. Turns out that ALL the windows in our house are custom, not a single one is standard size. And it's going to cost us $3,500 to replace them. So we are getting a couple more quotes next week. New windows has been on our list for several years now, and hopefully, in the long run it will save us money on the electric bill, plus we'll get a tax credit next year for doing it.

Anyway, that's all the boring stuff we've been doing lately!! I hope you're reading this post at night so that you are nice and sleepy and can go right to bed!

1 comment:

  1. You are not boring!! I love reading your blog. I even have read it in the morning and I am not even the slightest bit sleepy! Sorry you are feeling bad, hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete