Friday, January 8, 2010

Ice...and Taxes.

So weather.com says it's 7 degrees but it feels like -11. Huh.

This morning when I took water out for the dogs (I take out warm water in the hopes it won't freeze as fast, but it doesn't work...) Toby jumped on me and it spilled a little water on the patio. It bounced on the concrete, came up, and by the time it hit the concrete again, it was ice pellets! Now THAT'S cold. I've been trying to only let the dogs out for about five-ten minutes at a time.

On another note, we're already working on taxes. Chris informed me that it will be my responsibility to get it done this year, because I wanted to add mileage for the trips to the doctors. All the best doctors are in Fayetteville, and we have a lot of doctors. So last night, I went through the appt calendar and tallied up all our mileage for doctor appointments. And the result? 1,200 miles driven to and from doctor appointments. 1,200. No joke. And I probably didn't even get them all accounted for, and I didn't do mileage for pharmacy visits, either. That's a lot of gasoline.

No comments:

Post a Comment