Thursday, October 22, 2009

Dalton's "Kidnapping" and Jackson's First Birthday

Oh, yeah, they are definitely in cahoots together!Look at these two trouble makers!!

Okay, I said I would explain Dalton's "kidnapping", so here it is!! Yesterday morning, Chris got up at his usual time to get ready for work and it woke me up. When he turned the shower on, of course I had to pee, so I went to the hall bathroom to do my business. When I came out, I noticed that Dalton's bedroom door was open. So I went to close the door and poked my head in to check on him at the same time. Only he wasn't in his bed. I didn't remember him being in our bed (which he is, half the time), so I went back in our room to check. Nope, not in there.
So I went back to his room and checked both the bottom and top bunks. Not there. So I went to the living room and checked the couch. Nope, not there. So I went back to his room, checked his beds again, and checked under the bed. Nope. So I went back to our room and tore the blankets off the bed. Nope. Then I went back to the living room and checked both couches. Nope. This is when I start to panic.
So I check between the coffee table and TV (we blocked the TV with the coffee table to keep Jackson from pounding on the TV). Not there. I check the garage. I check under the dining room table. I go back to Dalton's room, tear all the blankets from the bed, check under the bed again, check the closet again. Nope. I then checked Jackson's room to see if he might be in there (he wasn't, and I woke Jackson up in the process). I check our bed again. Nope.
Dalton has recently started sleep walking, so I go back and check all the exterior doors, which all the dead bolts are engaged. There's no way he could have gone outside and locked the door after him. Now I'm really panicked. I'm thinking... This is just like the Amy Smart thing...someone snuck in his window and kidnapped him! So I rush back to our room, go in the bathroom, and rip the shower door open. Chris looks at me like I'm a loon, and I yell at him "Dalton is missing!!" He very calmly (with shampoo in his hair sliding down his face) says "No, he's not, he's on the floor next to our bed."
Oh.
Well, in my defense, he was on the far side of the bed in between the bed and closets, completely hidden under a sheet from his bed.
So then of course I couldn't get back to sleep, but you can bet your booty that I hauled Dalton into bed with me and just about smothered him, I was holding him so tight. Whew!
On to better stories! Jackson's birthday was on October 10th, and we had his party on Sunday the 11th. Lots of people came to celebrate with us...Grandma Pat, Aunt Trish, J's cousins Lauren and Joe, Lance and Lisa, Heather, Jeramy, and Sofia, Betsy, Taya, Gweneth, and Henry, and Meredith, Brice, Davis, and Kate. Oh what a blast we had!!
Dalton got to open a lot of presents! And some of the other kids helped, too. :) Taya is to the right of me in the picture below. She is Dalton's friend, and this is who Dalton stayed with when I was at the hospital giving birth to Jackson. She is also the one who potty trained Dalton in a matter of minutes!!
Jackson's cake...It was a bunch of cupcakes.
Dalton helped with blowing out the candle. I love how Jackson looks here...like "What the heck is going on, here?"
Oh, good, we're about to have our first taste of massive loads of sugar. GOODY!!
I guess he liked it. I think it was "finger licking good".
Oh, yeah, definitely liked it!!
I love this picture. It's almost like he's got a cake/frosting/sugar hangover. Just look at that face!
And Dalton, of course, showing us that he can, indeed, fit roughly one entire cupcake in his mouth!
This is Dalton's buddy Davis. He's three weeks older than Dalton.
I'm thinking that the cupcakes were a hit. It was nice, actually, not having to cut and serve cake. Just grab a cupcake and go!!
Immediately after the party ended, we cleaned up, and then started packing for me and the boys to drive to Houston early the next morning... Tomorrow I'll post lots of cute pics from our trip!!

1 comment:

  1. I bet you are going to have lots of grey hair before you are even 35 years old. LOL

    ReplyDelete