Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Baby Food and Stuff

This past week was a big marathon baby food making week! I had purchased strawberries, apricots, and bananas from the store, and a friend of ours with a garden gave us zucchini and squash, and someone that Chris works with gave us home grown eggplant! Had to get it all made up before it went bad.



So I cleaned it all, peeled it, and cut it up. The strawberries and bananas and apricots could just be blended up without cooking. Jackson had never had strawberries or apricots, and he loves them both!!

I used my handy dandy immersion blender (that we got at Wal-Mart for under $20.00) to blend it all up. Then put it all in my Baby Cubes, which are FANTASTIC! They are these little cubes that hold 2 oz each (perfect size). They have tethered lids, so you don't have to search for them, or worry about them getting lost. They can go in freezer, straight into the microwave, and straight into the dishwasher. I love them!!

Then I used my handy dandy label maker to label each food, which was also purchased from Wal-Mart for about $20.00. I wish that Wal-Mart would pay me to be their spokes person!!


So, all in all, not a bad haul for only purchasing three fruits. With the 32 cubes of food I got out of it, it will last Jackson about 11 days. And it only took me about an hour and a half from start to finish. And man, what a savings from buying processed baby food!

And, just because they're cute, I can't NOT post pics of the boys. Here we are, just hanging out.

AND...check out who's finally sitting up on his own!!! All that physical therapy is finally helping...I guess it didn't really take that long. He still can't get up to sitting on his own, yet, but if you help him get there, he'll sit for a long time. He's sat for at least 2 minutes on his own without falling over. :) It's about time!! He's already 10 months old, which just blows my mind.

2 comments:

  1. Great job at making the food. Where did you get those canisters for storing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super Mom strikes again. Thanks again for keeping us informed and sharing the pictures of our adorable grandkids.

    ReplyDelete