Tuesday, September 1, 2009

No Girls (Or Babies) Allowed

Last Saturday, Chris and Dalton went on a "big boys only" fishing trip to Roaring River. Chris got up pretty early (5:30 on a Saturday...egads!!) and Dalton got up soon after. Chris said he did pretty good...he said "Dalton, it's time to get up to go fishing." and Dalton said "Okay" and just got up! Which means he was pretty excited!!

They started out by getting their fishing licenses for the day.


They also got to feed the fish, too. Roaring River is really cool because they breed the fish and then release them every morning at 7:00 am. So if you go at that time, you're pretty much guaranteed to catch a fish. It was funny when Chris asked Dalton a few days earlier if he wanted to go fishing, and Dalton said, "I already went fishing and I didn't catch anything." But, see, you've never been to Roaring River!! Here's Dalton feeding the fish...
And then they just kind of chilled out!
I was pretty glad that I wasn't there for this trip. Dalton standing on the edge of this concrete thing would have really freaked me out!!!
They only fished for about an hour, and Dalton caught THREE fish all on his own!! Daddy caught four. Chris said that Dalton got so excited, yelling "I got one!" and that other people around them were giving them dirty looks (I guess because he was scaring the fish??) Party poopers. Here's Dalton with his Trout...
There's this big cave with a pond in front, and Dalton thought that was pretty cool.
Chris said that the batteries went dead after only taking a few pictures. He took our old small camera so as not to risk dropping the big fancy one in the water. :) But I am SO proud of him for taking the camera and getting some good pictures!! Usually I'm the one that wants to take the camera everywhere. I took this picture of the boys when they returned home.
Neither of us really eat fish, and Chris doesn't know how to clean them, so I called my sister Julie and she came and relieved us of our fish problem. All in all, a great trip for the "big boys"!!

1 comment:

  1. What fun! And yes, when I saw Chrs' facebook pix I almost fainted at the on of Dalton on the edge. Something else for us to do when you ever get to Calif. We have a fish hatchery in nearby Fillmore. I think you can actually fish there but would have to check. Grampa knows how to clean fish and Gramma knows how to cook them.

    ReplyDelete