Saturday, September 26, 2009

Apologies, Revelations, and Lots of Pictures

First of all, I want to apologize to the Grandparents. National Pet Memorial Day was on Sep. 13, and my rescue had a big event with lots of vendors and we were threatened by a monsoon and almost had to cancel...and with all the energy I put into this, I forgot that it was also GRANDPARENT'S DAY!!! Bad, Mommy, bad! So...Grandma and Grandpa Bane, Grammy and Grandpa Wilhelm, and Grandma Pat- Happy Grandparent's Day!! Dalton and Jackson love you (and so do Daddy and me...Daddy and I...whatever) and I'm sorry that we forgot this important day.

A lot of people have told me that with each child you have, the first kid gets TONS of pictures taken of them. Tons of pictures and tons of video. And then you have #2, and you take less pictures, record in their baby book less, and so on and so forth with each child you have. I find that I have actually taken MORE pictures of Jackson than I did with Dalton. Maybe part of it is that Dalton and Jackson are being cute as brothers...maybe part of it was the drama with Jackson's arrival, and I am amazed at how well he's doing. I don't know. But we take more. Now, we do take less video than we did with Dalton, but hey, I never said I was perfect!!


Do you notice anything about this picture below? Maybe that the blanket that Jackson is pouncing on is kind of lumpy??
Well, that would be because Dalton is under that blanket. :) That's a new favorite game of theirs. They are constantly wrestling on the floor. And if Dalton is under a blanket then Jackson is, of course, pretty much jumping on top of him.
Jackson is pretty much into everything now. EVERYTHING. He is pulling up to standing all the time, and can walk if he is hanging on to something. He's learning slowly....he's learning that he can stand on his tip toes to reach things on the dining room table. He's learning that he can grab all sorts of stuff that he shouldn't, and quickly shove it in his mouth to "hide" the evidence of his thievery (is that even a word??).
Dalton is none too happy with this...more and more I hear Dalton complaining that "Jackson has this, Jackson has that" or "Ew, gross, now it's covered in baby slobber!" That's a real big one. Everything has slobber on it and Dalton is kind of grossed out by that!
Jackson is also quite the climber. He's on top of everything. "Hey, Mom, look at me! I'm on the table!"
"Hey, Mom, look at me! I'm on the dish washer door, and I'm going to poke my eye out with a steak knife...Cool!"
Now, with his favorite place being on TOP of something, his second favorite place is in our bedroom. The windows go almost to the floor, so they are low enough that he can stand at the window and be face to face with the dogs...he also likes to bang on the window, I think he likes the noise it makes.
"Let me out of here! They have me confined! I'm being held against my will!!"
And for the final fantastic picture of this post, Jackson is now wanting to do everything that Dalton does. And who doesn't want to stand naked in front of the bath tub?!?

3 comments:

  1. And grandparents get a cd with all these picutes on them right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I've got the perfect caption for the last photo above.--- "Bare Booty Buddies" or "Look out for the sharks, Jackson!"......
    Grandpa Bane

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was the baby of the family and guess who had to fill in her own baby book??!? my sis still teases me to this day....

    loved the bathroom pic, they will hurt you when they're older you know

    ReplyDelete