Sunday, June 14, 2009

Another Trajedy

So I've been really really bad about blogging these last few weeks, with good reason. Chris' dad and step-mom were here the last week, and we had a blast and did lots of fun stuff, but I'll have to save that for another post. Plus, my rescue group is gearing up for our largest fundraiser of the year, and I've been super busy preparing for that.

Now, yesterday I went to a baby shower (which is not the main focus of this post). Chris was home with the boys while I was there. On my way home, I picked up a kitten that was in the middle of the highway that I almost ran over (also not the main focus of this post). When I get home, I walk through the door, and Chris says "Oh, by the way, Dalton gave Peanut a haircut with your eyebrow scissors." What? So I track down Peanut, and sure enough, he's got a fresh new do!!

Dalton cut his whiskers off. And there are also large chunks of hair missing from several places on the back of his neck and all down his back.


So, I go to find Dalton to have a discussion with him about how he should NOT be cutting any one's hair...not his own, not the pets, that only mommy should cut hair....and I walk into his room and this is what I find.




He cut his own hair! And what a terrible spot, right in the middle of his forehead, and down to the scalp!!!! I was so upset with him. He had such "pretty" hair (if a boy's hair can be pretty, his definitely was.) I asked Chris if he knew that, and of course he didn't. He notices the cat's hair cut but not Dalton's!!
So I sat there for a minute, and decided that even though it KILLED me to have to do it, that it would look so much better if we just shaved his head. THE HORROR! So Dalton, of course, cries and cries. He said that it was going to hurt, and I explained that it wouldn't hurt, and it would grow back. So then he says "Okay." And that was that.
So we shaved it.
I cried as I started to shave his head. It was horrible. And then got teary eyed again as I looked at the floor when we were done, and all his beautiful hair was laying in piles on the floor.
And Dalton looked at me and said, "It's just hair, Mommy, it will grow back." Well, yeah, I guess you're right, oh wise one.
Later he said he liked it, because it was short like Daddy's (Daddy's hair is not that short!!). I told him not to get used to it, because when it grows out, we're keeping it the way we always have. But then today I sent him out to play and had to put sunscreen on his head, and he said he hated his hair. :)

He looks pretty proud of himself in the above picture. I just can't believe that he did this, I am so upset! And yes, I know...It's ONLY hair, and it will grow back. But.... but.... but... his hair!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment