Saturday, February 21, 2009

The End of Babydom

Let me begin by addressing "The Undomesticated Wife"...thank you for saying that my kids are "so cute". I think so, but then again, I am biased! If I am ever in the Dallas area, I'd love to meet you. I always enjoy meeting another fellow animal rescuer!
Jackson got his first real food yesterday! He's been eating baby rice cereal for about a month, and since we just passed our four month check up, we have started him on real food. I am excited to do this because we are bypassing the store bought baby food this time around and will be making our own baby food. I never realized how simple it is. The main reason though is that since I am staying home with the kids now, we are really trying to find ways to save money, and I never realized how expensive baby food is! So here we are...Jackson's first food was....drum roll...avocado!! He seemed to really like it.



Of course he got it absolutely everywhere, but what can I say, he takes after me! He also rolled from his back to his tummy today for the first time. Now, once he gets to his tummy he can't go anywhere so he gets all frustrated and then starts to fuss, and I flip him over, and then he does it all over again.

Jackson also wore his first shoes today! We went to Robyn's for a play date today. I had purchased some tennis shoes for Jackson when I was pregnant with him...I think I got them for $1.00 at a resale shop just because they were so tiny and cute. I put them on him today thinking that he might outgrow them soon, but he would barely tap his foot on something and they would pop right off because they're still too big. :) I told Dalton "Look at Jackson's new tennis shoes!" and Dalton responded by saying "They're so little...and so cute!" I've always said that the right shoes make the outfit...


On another note...I have blogged in the past about Jackson in the Jumperoo. Well, several times in the last few days, he'll be jumping away and laughing and giggling, and then BAM! he's asleep at the drop of a hat. It's very cute....

And then I remembered that Dalton used to do the exact same thing...jump jump laugh jump snooze. So I searched through old pictures and found one of Dalton doing the same thing...

Which has led me to realize that I really need to label all the photos now...Jackson is four months old right now, and Dalton was four months old in the photo above. Don't they look exactly the same?!? Jackson's hair is just a bit darker, but in photos you really can't tell...

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it cute when they fall asleep in the jumpy thing!?! Mine did that too!

    Sounds like you have the right idea with making your own baby food! Would you believe that I used to think there was something magical about the stuff in babyfood jars? I was so suprised when I learned that you could feed a baby a regular bannana instead of a bannana in a jar!

    *I saw your comment on another blog asking about how many c-sections you can have safely- I wanted to say that I 4 in 4 years. My doctor has no problem with me having a 5th. and even okayed a 6th, (though my husband says no way!. On my blogging list, there is one lady that's had 10 c-sections, another that's had 5, and another that's about to have her 5th.

    Some doctors have told their patients that 3 is it despite there being nothing wrong with their patient. I try to get the word out that there are those of us that have had more than 3 without any problems.

    Nice to meet you. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, you are so sweet! Yes, if you are ever in my area, let me know!

    I think it's awesome you are making baby food! Not only does it save money, but it's much healthier, it's fresher, and think of all of the waste (baby food jars, etc.) that won't be going into the landfill. Score for you!! :)

    ReplyDelete