Sunday, February 8, 2009

It has been brought to my attention that I have not posted updated photos of the boys recently ("recently" meaning, pictures taken within the last twenty seconds or so), and this was brought to my attention by a certain set of grandparents, who shall remain nameless (*cough*Dennis & Jil*cough*cough*) so here we go!!

Dalton's favorite place to be right now just has to be in his toy bin. He will go in his room, empty all the toys out, and curl up in the bin. Sometimes he gathers his pillow under him (for extra comfort, of course) and then covers up with a blanket and pretends to sleep. He did actually fall asleep like this once, and was very mad when I pulled him out to put him in bed.

Now, themost recent night he did this, I had already put him in bed, and then went in shortly after midnight to make sure he stayed in bed. Of course, he hadn't, but he was laying on the floor, wide awake. He looks up at me and says "Look what I made for Daddy..." and then he does the sweeping hand Vanna White style and shows me this:

Well, that's fantastic and all, very creative (I especially love how the mustache is under the eyes and above the nose, and that his arms are on backwards!), but it's midnight!! Then of course, the next morning I get up, and find the entire potato head family set up on the coffee table in the living room.

He proceeds to tell me that the big potato head, of course, is Daddy. The small potato head is himself, the corn head is Jackson, and the carrot head is Mommy. One, because of the big painted lips. Two, because of the painted eyes. And three, because she "looks crazy", just like me!! Gee, I've always wanted to be compared to a crazy looking carrot head.

Jackson, during all of Dalton's antics, remains the happiest and goofiest baby on the planet! He now has his fist in his mouth roughly twenty three hours a day.
Yesterday, he got the entire fist actually stuck in his mouth, and was quite upset until I forcefully removed it for him. Once it came out, he was back to smiles and giggles, as usual.

Now, take a look at this belly...the boy just eats and eats and eats, all the time. Two weeks ago, he was up to twelve pounds. We go to the doctor this week for his four month shots, which means that he gets to start eating vegetables and fruits now!! YAY! I'm interested to see how much he weighs. I know, twelve pounds isn't that big seeing as how he is already four months old, but he sure doesn't look like a preemie anymore, does he?? Look at that gut!!
I think he greatly enjoyed hanging out in his diaper. It's been nothing but cold since he came home, and this weekend it got to roughly 70 degrees, so after his bath, he got to chill out naked for a bit. :) I do believe that he will be an exhibitionist like his big brother.


3 comments:

  1. Thanks, Nancy. We promise not to ask for more photos for at least 3-4 days. It looks like Dalton is going to become the Andy Warhol of sculptures. And Jackson is certainly becoming a "Little Buddha". Thanks again for the entertainment, G&G Bane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy! I love the pictures, and I love the stories that go with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I forgot to say that I love that Dalton is smiling in his "sleeping" picture. Precious!

    ReplyDelete