Thursday, March 6, 2014

Pet Peeves


Let’s just name a few of my pet peeves, shall we?

1.       Do NOT cut your nails in public. Better yet, don’t cut your nails at work. So gross! Not only can I hear you, but I can see the stupid nail clippings flying all over. This is considered personal hygiene, and frankly, I don’t think you should be “practicing” personal hygiene while sitting at your desk at work.

2.       When a person walks, whether they walk quickly or slowly, you shouldn’t be stomping. If you walk past my desk it shouldn’t shake everything in my office.

3.       Social media. It’s great, isn’t it? Especially since you can post from your phones now; they are such. SMART. PHONES. But if you’re going to be posting for all of social media to see, how about we try to use correct grammar? Or even maybe a little punctuation? I’m sorry, but “i went to the store they were out of milk im so mad i missed conferences for my kid what kind of parent am i” is just utterly ridiculous. I have to actually concentrate to read that run on sentence. And social media should be fun, shouldn’t it? It shouldn’t remind me of elementary English class where we had to mark through everything that was wrong, and correct the capitalization, punctuation, etc.

4.       Please learn the difference between “two, to, and too” and “your and you’re” and “there, their, and they’re”. It drives me crazy. Its It's not two too hard. Get it? See what I did their there?

5.       Since we’re on an English roll, let’s not forget about those people that write/type exactly how they speak. “I done went fishin’.” Went. You WENT fishing. You certainly did not “done” fishin’.

6.       If you work at a restaurant, no matter what position you are in (waiter, chef, hostess), you should not go to work sick. I swear, if I see one more Facebook post about how much you are throwing up, but you are “sticking” through it at work, and I KNOW you work at a restaurant, I’m calling the health department. Don’t doubt me, because I WILL. DO. IT.

7.       Vitamins are great. Holistic remedies can be great. But you are not a doctor; you are not an herbalist; you don’t know what you’re talking about. There are some ailments that cannot be cured by some weird concoction of natural supplements. I know you think that your grandmother’s cancer went into remission because of the herbs you gave her, but I assure you that wasn’t the case.

I think that’s enough for one day, don’t you? I really just had to get those things off my chest. I feel better now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment