Friday, February 19, 2010

Infinite Words of Wisdom

Well, frankly, I haven't posted for a while because I didn't want to be charged with murder after boring everyone to death. We just haven't had much going on here lately. Nada. Zilch. I also loaned our camera out to a friend, and so I haven't taken any new pictures for almost two weeks (YIKES!), and it really bugs me to post with no pictures.

So today you get Dalton's Infinite Words of Wisdom.

Driving in the car:
D: "Are we going in circles? We're in the middle of nowhere..." (In fact, we were right off the town square.)

Dalton asked if he could climb into the cabinet of Jackson's changing table, because "I just want to be in there for science".

I had asked D to clean his room, and he says, "But remember? You love me!"

I asked him not to take one of J's books into his own room, and he says "But I like it in my room for imagination." Um, what?

"I don't feel right. I think a cookie would make it feel better."

Dalton wanted to go out with me to get the mail. I said "But you don't have shoes on." and then HE says "No, but I do have a hole in my sock!"

Talking about our foster dogs finding a forever home, D says "The dogs have a home... OUR home."

"My tummy is starving for food." (I don't know why I thought that one was so cute, but I did.)

And I've saved the best for last...we were at good old Wal-Mart (is there really any other place to be?) and I was on the ice cream/breakfast aisle to get waffles. Dalton sees the ice cream and asked if we could get some, so I said yes. So we're standing in front of the cheapie stuff, and I said "Do you want vanilla? Chocolate? Strawberry? One with all three?" And his eyes get all big and he says "Is that ice cream...with cookies in it?" And I tell him yes. And he says "SHUT....UP. Ice cream? With cookies in it?!?" HA HA HA! I really wanted to get on to him for telling me to shut up but I was too busy laughing/choking. :)

1 comment: