Monday, November 23, 2009

Fairly Lazy Weekend

We had a fairly lazy, lovely weekend! Friday night I made Curry Chicken and Pasta, and Jackson had his first taste of it. I would label it a success, although he ended up with more in his lap than in his stomach.


This little boy is now a walking machine. For the most part, he walks all the time. He only crawls if he's trying to get somewhere fast. Like if the fridge door is open, or the bathroom door, he'll crawl super fast to try to get there before you close it up, but otherwise, he's walking every where.

Saturday I went with a friend to see New Moon. We did not face the crowds and stay up like a bunch of crazies to go to the midnight showing the first night; we're way too old to stay up that late. But I did order our tickets online about a week before. It has to be a movie I've been looking forward to seeing for a long time to make me pay movie theater prices. In my defense, we did go to a matinee, so it was a little cheaper. We got there an hour early and still had to wait in a line a mile long to get into the theater. I was amazed! I knew it was a popular movie, but sheesh! It was worth it though.
And for those of you that think it's childish for a thirty year old woman to want to see this movie, I have a few things to point out... First, this is not just a movie about vampires and werewolves. It's a love story about two people that shouldn't be together, and about their fight to do so. Second, how is this any different from all the people that love Harry Potter? Both series are aimed at a younger crowd. I'll stop there.
After the movie, Chris and the boys and I went to the square. They had the lighting ceremony, which we missed, among other activities. I had already bought my movie tickets when I found out it was the same time as the lighting. But we still got to hear some great kids singing, and the lights.

We ran into several people we knew, including Betsy and Alex and their kids. Here's Dalton with Taya and Gwyneth. I love how Taya has her arm around D and Gwyn. So motherly!!

They also had miniature horses (with reindeer antlers on!) giving rides to the kids.

Also had camel rides, which I failed to get a picture of. But here's a decent shot of the square (with food vendor booths in front...I should have taken a picture from the opposite side of the square, but we were leaving at this point and I didn't want to walk around again because we were already close to the car.)
Then Sunday, Chris took advantage of the nice weather and put up the lights outside. An added bonus is that he was dreading going through the strings, trying to figure out which lights were causing an outage on half the strand. But when he went up in the attic to get them, he found six new boxes of lights! I bought them last year after Christmas on clearance (technically I bought them for the tree inside) and forgot about it. So we just trashed the old lights and used the new ones. Big time saver!! And of course, Dalton helped.


No, he did not actually get on the roof. He's not coordinated enough for that (he is, after all, MY son!).

And Jackson supervised from the front porch. :)

Today I started making pie (chocolate cream) for Chris's Thanksgiving dinner at work tomorrow, and in the morning, I'll get up early and make a banana cream pie before the party (I didn't want to make it tonight because the bananas would turn brown).
All in all, it was a great weekend. I'll try to remember to take pictures through my pie making tomorrow morning to post the recipe on here. It's SO easy, and yummy to boot!! I hope everyone has a fantastic Thanksgiving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment