Sunday, March 15, 2009

Thankful

Before you whine about these pictures and the red eye, I will say that we still do not have our photo editing software loaded since the computer crashed...that's my only excuse.
So I'm sitting here, enjoying a glass of wine, the boys are all in bed, and I'm feeling the need to be thankful for wonderful friends...I've done a lot of whining lately because it seems our house and everything in it is breaking down and falling apart, so I'll just take a minute to be grateful for the things that I do have....
Of course, there are the in-laws. Dennis and Jil, and Patty and George (not pictured)...


You guys have always helped us when we needed it, and even when we didn't need it. I appreciate the fact that I have nice in-laws!!
Meredith, Amy, and Raven:

We are lucky that four best friends could share this great time together! I've known you guys since junior high...oh, the teenage angst we went through together! We share so many memories and my life is better for it.
Angie:

You are truly one of the nicest, most giving, most hilarious people I know. I am glad that I have been able to give back to you in trying times, although it will never compare to the friendship you have given me.
Marcie:
I do believe that you are one of my oldest friends (tied with Heather!)...you always answer my "mom questions" (I'm so glad you're a nurse!!), you always understand what I'm going through, and you've always had my back. No matter how many miles seperate us, you are here...and I love you.
Heather and Jeramy:
Jeramy, I'm glad that you're a good guy, b/c I'd never have let you marry my best friend if you weren't!! I really don't think I have appropriate words for how I feel about you both. Jeramy, thank you for keeping Chris (mostly) calm when you guys were in Colorado and I was here, giving birth! And Heather...thank you for being with me in the operating room when Jackson was born (It's the only time I've seen you cry in the 19 years I've known you!!). You're there for me through thick and thin; you are my best friend. When we out live our husbands, I bet we're rooming together in the nursing home.
And Chris:

How did I manage to snag a husband that cleans, cooks, does laundary, changes diapers, and holds my hair back when I'm sick? How did I snag a husband that is sweet and funny and smart and handsome and loves me more than anyone else ever has? How did I snag someone that tolerates my habit of picking up every homeless animal? I love you more than you will ever know. You are my husband, my best friend, and my soul mate.

2 comments:

  1. Awww, Nancy I love you too! So, now that RSV season is almost gone, you should be coming for a visit, right?!!

    ReplyDelete